Monday, November 19, 2007

the clash of the titans! yeah rite.....

Of late all that ive heard is 'om shanti om' ... 'saawariya'... which is the better of the two hindi movies.... one camp taking at stab at the other... so I finally decided to watch both the movies and here is my verdict: I could stand neither!!!!

Om shanti om, in my opinion is overly hyped.... after watching the last farah khan movie... 'main hoon naa', I really didnt have great expectations for this movie...the costumes were tacky, the plot was a time worn tale, the music mediocre.... the only good i saw in the movie, Arjun Rampal who plays the bad guy convincingly and at times Deepika... sadly shah rukh was disappointing... his age shows and somehow it dawns on the viewer that he probably shouldnt be playing a 'cool dude' character anymore!


Now for Saawariya... I usually watch almost every movie... but this one literally put me to sleep... the movie was in one word - boring! With a song every 5 mins, it can get irritating... Salman khan in his cameo looked more like the baddie than a man in love... Rani I ought to say cant pull of the role of a prostitute and still manage to be classy... instead she comes across as downright cheap... the voice... the dialogue delivery... very crass! ranbir and sonam... lot of potential!

What i find interesting is that Im never this critical about hindi movies... but with all the hype and hoopla... one would think that these two movies can deliver a little more than putting people to sleep...

So there it is.. a post after a month and all I can write about is the movies... comes to show nuthing else has been happening... work... cooking... reading... living in the moment!

People often complain about the routine in their lives... heres my two cents - it can be good!

~Sinds~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home