Tuesday, July 24, 2007

harry potter - the book

disclaimer - spoilers ahead!!! don't tell me I dint warn ya

The final potter book... I still remember being lazy to go to the bookstore on Friday night and opting for a door delivery on Saturday morning and then repenting the decision 'coz the book was delivered only in the afternoon and I was already going crazy by then... anyway.. the book in my opinion was 'fantabulous'!!!

A fitting ending to a fitting series of books I ought to say. Heres what I thought of it..

Deathly Hallows begins on a great note, it seemed like the action picked up right from the word go. Steadily building up pace and adding heaps of dead characters, very gripping. Each of the three primal characters are portrayed in depth - Harry: slightly impatient, impulsive and intuitive, Hermione - intelligent, logical yet emotional, Ron: weak at times yet so brave. Loved the way some loose ends were tied, how all the characters played a part - including neville's grandmom :) and Voldermort, oh man simply amazing, this book in my opinion is what depicts Voldemort in all his dark glory. Though there was always mention of how cruel or ruthless he was in all other books, this book sure gives him his due!

The language so simple, it could make an easy read for every generation ( my younger sis devoured it!).. yet every emotion - fear, love, happiness, surprise and some moments of utter pain is captured so vividly!

I laughed with the characters, shed a tear with them, fought their battles with them... and I couldnt be happier that Rowling did leave a lotta hope for something to forward to in Potter series... I sure do hope theres more... whether Harry or the next generation!!!

Oh yeah... I did absolutely nothing the weekend, ate, slept, and lived the book!

~Sinds~

PS: never once expected the Snape n Lily thingie :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home